Friday, September 25, 2009

Week4-Blog Post#8- Reflection on Blogging

The Web 2.0 tool that I have found appealing and particle to me are collaborative writing tools like Buzzword and Google docs. I like Google sketch as well. Second life will take a little more getting use to familiarizing myself with how to function in the virtual world.

Now for blogging and twittering, I still don’t get it. I must be so old school that it hinders me from accepting these means as communication. I need feedback to communicate and not just writing out my ideas into space is difficult for me to handle.  I remember phrases I grew up like “Loose Lips Sink Ships” and “Keep your opinions to yourself less ye be a subject of ridicule or scrutiny”. The other day T sent a message to my niece on private twitter message and she replied, “What’s up?” and it came over my phone. So I thought she was text messaging me. Later it I found out that I shared personal things for all to read on twitter. I found this out from my mother.  So now I am more timid and reserve than I have ever been.

I am looking forward to tools that will help me develop interactive lesson plans, and I can see many tools as a good source for educational purposes.  WebQuest,  can be used by teachers regularly, and I hope to spread the word around our school District. I am looking forward to exploring the Quest Atlantis, program especially it’s use here in Alaska.

My over all opinion of this course was that it was filled with a lot of useful information, but skipping around the EMDT program I had established many new friendship until I joined this class. Joining a group in the fourth month is difficult because they all have established their tight knit collaborative groups. Or maybe I’m not as sociable as I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment